A secondary slitter is a machine used in the paper and packaging industry to cut large rolls of paper or other materials into smaller rolls. The primary function of a secondary slitter is to convert large rolls of material into smaller rolls that are easier for further processing or packaging. The following are the selection requirements for Secondary Slitter :
1. Cutting accuracy: Slitters must be able to cut material with high precision and accuracy to produce coils of consistent size and weight.
2. Speed: In order to keep up with the production demand, the slitter should be able to run at high speed.
3. Material handling: The slitting machine must be able to handle a variety of materials such as paper, plastic film, and non-woven fabrics.
4. Durability: Slitters should be constructed of durable materials and designed to withstand the rigors of continuous operation.
5. Safety: Slitters must be designed with safety in mind and should include features such as emergency stops and guards to protect operators from injury.
6. Maintenance: The slitting machine should be easy to maintain, easy to clean and replace key parts.
7. Automation: Some slitters come with automation options to increase efficiency.
8. Customization: The slitter should be customizable to meet the specific needs of the user, such as width and roll diameter.